Monday, January 7, 2008

Dusting Off My Genealogy Files

After about five years, I'm re-opening my research files and trying to pick up where I left off. I've been wanting to get back into genealogy for awhile now, but there is always so much to do and since my files were all packed away and inaccessible it seemed best to leave them be.

When we recently re-ordered some rooms in our house, my genealogy files had to be moved. Just seeing the old folders and binders and notes warmed my heart (I know... I'm weird). As I peered into some of the files, I was amazed at how unfamiliar a lot of what I had recorded had become to me. I was also surprised at how thorough a lot of my work was and how well organized most of it was. That alone should make it easier to dig back in, although since my time is more limited these days I'm trying to wade in slowly and avoid my habit of jumping in with both feet and getting completely overwhelmed. My schedule, I'm sure, will help make sure this doesn't happen.

I'll be using this blog as a supplement to the online family file which traces roots back from my children (so, includes history for both my lines and hubby David's lines). The online file is referenced in the links section of the navigation. I've also got a blog set up strictly for Banegas research since I've spent so much time on that line and there is much to share (also in the links section).

Happy hunting to my fellow family researchers and I hope you'll visit here from time to time for research updates.

No comments: